Manages general operations of the Sacramento Campus for the all non-instructional activities of the center and partners with other departments for the successful functioning of the campus (including facilities, IT, simulation, student services, admission, and faculty). The Campus Operations Manager and the Academic Manager and faculty will work to achieve optimal student outcomes and services through seamless coordination and collaboration. The position will have active working relationships and a reporting relationship with administrative personnel.
1. Facilitates the implementation of the following student services functions of the campus:
a. Information technology in collaboration with IT staff at the Oakland campus and property management office.
b. Student academic learning support, career services, and student affairs in collaboration with the Student Services Coordinator, Assistant Vice President of Enrollment and Student Services and other staff in the Department of Student Affairs.
c. Admission, in collaboration with the Admission Counselor and the Dean of Admission and other Admission staff.
2. Manages the following human resources functions of the campus:
a. Hiring, management and evaluation of administrative staff personnel
b. Student workers, including on-boarding, utilization, and payroll.
c. Onboarding processes for all personnel, including faculty.
3. Establishes, oversees and evaluates operational and office procedures and policy formulation to improve efficiency and outcomes.
4. Serves as liaison to SMU facilities and property management office to assure proper campus space, function, and environment to include emergent maintenance issues, room scheduling, office assignments (including furnishing and equipment) for all employees.
5. Ensures that teaching facilities, e.g. classrooms, labs, and simulation, are fully operational, including supplies, equipment, and scheduling.
6. Maintains close communications with other campus facilities for purposes of facilitating co-curricular services, projects and communications with all ESS and Finance and Administration personnel.
7. Represents the campus in appropriate meetings and events.
8. Works with SMU Institutional Research to ensure institutional survey data sets are completed. Assists Academic Manager with securing accreditation data and other survey data as required.
9. Develops and coordinates procedures that ensure effective and timely inter-office communication and information within the Sacramento Campus and university-wide.
10. Collaborates with lead nurse faculty to facilitate campus activities, such as orientations and other special events.
11. Manages follow-up with student applicants to ensure timely responsiveness to questions regarding application, enrollment and matriculation.
12. Other duties as assigned or required by the division, the university, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
· Extensive computer experience and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, Access), including effective navigation of the Internet as a resource and research tool.
· Able to analyze complex data sets and devise action plans for correcting and improving services.
· Ability to handle privileged information and exercise good judgment
· Ability to complete work in a timely manner with attention to detail.
· Ability to organize and prioritize workload for self and assigned staff.
· Superior communication skills required.
· Able to compose clearly written documents
· Ability to collaborate to achieve goals and project outcomes
Education and Experience:
· Baccalaureate degree required; master' s preferred in areas related to scope of work.
· Five or more years of experience in human resources, student affairs/services, operations management, administration, higher education or closely related field.
· Substantive leadership and management experience preferably in a health care setting or institution of higher education.
· Experience in policy development and execution.
· Record of collaboration in achieving team goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The successful applicant will need to express or exchange ideas in a timely fashion by means of the spoken, written, and electronic word and receive, comprehend, and act on detailed information. Able to travel to other SMU locations.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.