The Technology Project Planner is responsible for planning and managing projects of varying complexity and size. The position requires a firm understanding of project management tools and techniques and excellent organization, people and communication skills The position of Technology Project Planner will work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver intelligent solutions that ensure quality IT project delivery, will be the lead in the development, implementation, and completion of complex IT projects, and vital in solving operational issues with a maintained focus on customer satisfaction.
Duties and Accountabilities:
50% - Develop comprehensive detailed project plans in MS project
10% - Take the lead on project status communications
10% - Identify safety and other risks
10% - Accountability for receiving material goods and Invoice Processing
10% - Communicate with leadership on all issues, incidents, and decision points
10% - Contract and Inventory Administration
Skills and Abilities:
- Expert PC skills and fluency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel & Access) required
- Expertise with Microsoft Project Server or Project professional required
- Expertise with Microsoft Office SharePoint desired
- Must have demonstrated ability in organization, record keeping and data management
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, organizes simultaneous projects, demonstrate initiative and exercise professional judgment under minimal supervision.
- Must have advanced skills in time management, developing administrative systems and designing workflows.
- Ability to analyze problems, exercise sound judgment, work under pressure and attend to details.
Education and Experience:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent education preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a business setting, preferably in a technology or an academic setting.
- Experience managing multiple IT projects simultaneously
- Prior experience in office accounting and purchasing preferred.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Ability to communicate clearly
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.