Virtual Drop In Counseling: TBA
Family Nurse Practioner Program Options
|Program Options||Program Length||Campus Offerings|
|Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN FNP)||18 Months||Both|
|Doctor of Nursing Practice, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP DNP)||Three (3) years||Both|
Please review the QUICK FACTS about each option to determine which one best fits your personal and career goals.
Priority Application Deadlines:
|Campus||Start Term||Application Deadline||Number of Seats Available|
|Oakland||Summer- Early May||January 1||18|
|Sacramento||Fall- late August||January 1||18|
*Applications may be accepted after the deadline date on a space available basis. Please contact the Office of Admission at (510) 869-6576 for more information.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Baccalaureate in nursing (RNs with degrees in other fields will be evaluated individually)
- Current California RN license
- Clinical practice experience; 12 months is preferred, not required. Experience in your BSN program will be considered.
- Two letters of reference addressing your clinical expertise and academic preparation for the program.
- MSN, FNP Option: Successful completion of a statistics course with no expiration.
- DNP, FNP Option: Successful completion of a statistics course within the most recent three (3) years. Courses maybe completed at a regionally accredited community or four year college, online, by completing a CLEP examination, or by completing a CEU S101 and S201. Credit must be completed by the start of the program.
- TOEFL (U.S. citizens or international students) - The need for TOEFL will be assessed based on information provided by applicants on the application for admission, if required, a minimum score of 100 (internet based test) must be achieved and official score results must be provided.
Application Checklist: once you have the items below ready, please go to the online application to apply.
- Copies of all college transcripts (please include legends if available); it is okay to upload copies of your unofficial transcripts. Official copies will be required upon acceptance into the program.
- $50 non-refundable fee.
- Uploaded goal statement (1-2 pages, typed, double spaced)
- Copy of your resume
- Contact information for the persons submitting your letters of reference
- Copy of RN license
- Copy of additional certifications you want considered with your application
International Transcripts Evaluation
For those who have received a baccaluareate, master's, and/or doctoral degree outside of the United States of America, your transcripts must be evaluation for United States equivalency through completion of a comprehensive report or course-by-course evaluation. Please go to NACES for accredited and approved companies that provide this service.
Assistant Director of Admission and Diversity Recruitment