Blood Borne Pathogens (BBP) Certification & HealthStream Learning Center (HLC)
All faculty who teach in the clinical setting must be compliant with the OSHA blood borne pathogen/standard precautions by successfully completing a training program.
Already completed training?
If you have already completed the BBP training at another institution, please submit a copy of your certification of completion to either Lisa Wheeler or Nancy Stollon, Administrative Assistant III (view contact information here). Please note that your certification is only valid for a year from the date completed.
Need to complete the training?
If you need to complete your annual training, the School of Nursing can provide free access to 3 required modules in the HealthStream Learning Center (HLC) which will allow you to fulfill the annual BBP training requirement. To get access to the HealthStream modules, please carefully read the following instructions:
- Request access via email to Assistant to the Dean, Gladys Paragas, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must send the request using your active Samuel Merritt email account in order for Gladys to provide you with further information
- You will have 30 days from the date of activation to complete all 3 modules on HealthStream
- Upon completion, please print out your certificate indicating the dates of completion and scores for each module
- Please submit your completion certificates and score print-outs to either Nancy Stollon or Lisa Wheeler, Administrative Assistant III (view contact information here)
Questions with log-in and/or using HealthStream?
If you have issues with logging-in or using the HealthStream system, please directly contact Assistant to the Dean, Gladys Paragas at email@example.com or (510) 869-6511 ext. 4724.