To read more about the Communications Team within the Office of the President, click here.
The Office of the President, including the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs, produces several publications. Below you will find both current and archived publications. If you are looking for a publication that is not listed, please contact Alejandro Rodriguez, Assistant Director of Communications, Office of the President, at 510.869.1528 or email@example.com.
OP enews [SMU's Office of the President quarterly electronic newsletter]
- May 2015
- February 2015
- October 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- Archived issues
- School of Nursing Brochure - PDF
- Motion Analysis Research Center (MARC) - PDF
- Community Learning Forum Program 2014/2015 (partnership with Allen Temple Baptist Church) - PDF
- Community Learning Forum Program 2013/2014 - online version
- Community Learning Forum Program 2013/2014 - PDF
The Reporter [SMU's alumni newsletter]
The Report to the Community [SMU's annual report to friends and donors]
- 2013-2014 (Online), (PDF Version)
- 2012-2013 (Online), (PDF Version)
- 2012 (Online), (PDF Version)
- Centennial Issue
- Archived reports
Samuel Merritt University Fact Book
Samuel Merritt University Fact Sheet
SMU Social Media Policy and Guidelines
The Samuel Merritt University Social Media Policy is the University’s official policy regarding confidentiality, consent, personal responsibility, representing SMU, logos and intellectual property, and the creation and management of SMU-sponsored social media sites. The Social Media Guidelines and Best Practices, though not part of the official policy, offer suggestions that may help you navigate the sometimes-tricky world of social media. Please find both documents below.
SMU Social Media Sites
SMU Social Media Policy
SMU Social Media Guidelines and Best Practices
SMU Photo and Publications Protocol
In order to provide consistency all communications and publications produced by the University should follow the guidelines set in the SMU Style Guidelines. All photos used in SMU publications, both print and online, must be accompanied by signed release forms for subjects featured. Please find both documents below.
- Download the new SMU Style and Brand Guidelines - Quick Reference (updated 2014)
- Download the SMU Style Guidelines (2011)
- Download the SMU Photography and Video Guidelines.
- Download SMU's photo release / consent form.
- Download SMU's Photography Submittal guide.
- Have news to share on the SMU website? Download the Web News Submittal Form.
SMU Photo and Video Services, and Digital Screens:
- For information regarding photo services at SMU, please read this Photo Services PDF.
- For information regarding video services at SMU, please read this Video Services PDF.
- For information regarding content for the digital screens at SMU, please read this Digital Screen Procedure PDF.