Oakland and SF Peninsula Health Services
Maintaining good physical health is an essential part of education and the SMU Health & Counseling Center staff are committed to partnering with students to make informed choices and provide a holistic approach to student health, education, wellness and outreach services in a confidential, inclusive, and respectful environment.
Health Services available on the Oakland campus include:
- Acute outpatient health care
- Physical exams
- Continuity of care for chronic Illness
- Women’s health care/Family planning
- General mental health evaluations
- STD testing
- Health care screening/assessment
- PPD skin tests for tuberculosis screening
- Specialty referrals
- Wellness consultation
- Students can access the online Student Health Record System anytime to check their health record compliance status
Nurse Practitioner’s Office Visits:
Please call the front desk at 510-869-6629 to learn more about our services and to schedule appointments.
Samuel Merritt University
Health & Counseling Center
3100 Telegraph Avenue, Suite #3105
Oakland, CA 94609
AFTER HOURS MEDICAL CARE
The health center office is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 – 5:00pm. After hours, on weekends, or during academic holidays students will need to utilize thier health insurance for medical services at private physician offices, urgent care centers or emergency rooms.
A list of Local SF Bay Area Urgent Care Clinics can be found here:
**Always check first with your health insurance benefits to be sure your visit will be covered.