Alta Bates/Summit Medical Center
Samuel Merritt University Student
Parking and Transportation Information
The Parking Services Department is committed to providing safe, reliable, convenient, and low cost parking for faculty, resident students, day & evening students.
Resident Spaces are available in the North Garage.
Non-Residents Spaces are available in the West Garage (access to both the North & South Garages after 5:00pm will be included to accommodate late afternoon and evening classes).
- Spring Semester (January through May) $140.00
- Summer Semester (June through August) $70.00
- Fall Semester (September through December) $105.00
- West Garage $2.00 per entry with discount validation - all day, Monday through Friday.
- North & South Garages $3.50 per entry with discount validation - after 6pm only.
- North & South Garages $3.00 per entry with discount validation - weekends only.
Parking At No Cost
- Carpool (3 or more passengers) may park free in the South or West Garages. However, if there are less than 3 passengers in the vehicle, the driver will be charged the normal garage fees.
- Motorcycles may park free in the North Garage (in designated areas) on levels B and G.
- BART shuttle service is available from 5:30am - 10:30am and 1:50pm - 7:30pm.
Standard Daily Rates
- North & South Garages - $9.00 per day or $1.00 per half-hour.
- West Garage - $8.50 per day or $.85 per half-hour.
Parking Information and Applications
Can be obtained through the Campus Support Center Office located in the South Pavilion, Ground Level, Room G615. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm (closed for lunch from 12:30 to 1:00pm).
- North Garage access is provided via student identification badge.
- West Garage access is provided via parking access card.
- Discount Validation Stickers are available at the Campus Support Center and the North Pavilion Cafeteria.
- Carpool Stickers are available at the Campus Support Center.
- BART schedules and parking maps are available at the Campus Support Center.
- Cash - All cash payments must be made in person, for the entire semester fee.
- Check - All checks must be drawn from a California Bank, for the entire semester fee and should be made payable to Alta Bates Summit Medical Center.
- All parking fees are non-refundable and are due upon submission of the completed Parking Application Form.
General Parking Regulations
- Parking is permitted only in areas designated for parking use. Parking in roadways, loading zones, fire lanes, or at building exits is prohibited whether or not so posted.
- Parking privileges are NON-TRANSFERABLE and will be revoked in the event of any application, permit or vehicle misrepresentation.
For general parking information, please visit our Oakland Campus Parking map.