Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Loading the player ...
Welcome to the office of Diversity and Inclusion. Our mission is to foster a culture of service, inclusion and excellence by:
- Creating a strong sense of belonging for all campus members
- Educating a diverse and culturally responsive healthcare work force
- Developing culturally competent leaders that reflect community demographics
- Working to reduce healthcare disparities in underserved communities
- Diversity Plan - The Diversity Plan offers a map that will lead to a future where diversity, equity, and inclusion become significant hallmarks for Samuel Merritt University.
- UDAC - University Diversity Action Council
- Ambassador Program
- Scholars in Service
- Diversity Scholarships and Grants
- SMU Reads Together: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
― Howard Thurman