Our entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program is designed so graduates excel in serving patients and clients as generalist physical therapists capable of autonomous practice in the health care system. During our 34-month program students progressively build clinical reasoning skills with increasingly complex patient problems through a series of academic and clinical courses that are closely integrated in a uniquely designed curriculum.
Learn about the admissions process, including:
- Application Deadline: October 1
- How To Apply via PTCAS
- Admissions Stats
- Chat with an Admissions Counselor
Review requirements for admission, including:
- Minimum recommended criteria
Why Choose Samuel Merritt University for your DPT?
- Clinical experiences
- First-time NPTE pass rates
- Small classes
- Cost and value of an SMU DPT education
- Excellent outcomes
- Our committment to DPT education
- Our department mission
- SMU DPT Graduation Rate* 2012 was 92.86%, in 2011 it was 93.8% (versus 89.2% 2011 national average)
- SMU 1st Time Physical Therapy Examination Pass Rate 2012 was 93% (versus 88% 2012 national average)
- Overall SMU Physical Therapy Examination Pass Rate 2011 was 100%
- 92% of SMU DPT Graduates are employed as Physical Therapists within 6 months of graduation (2010-2011 graduates)
*Graduation rate is the percentage of students admitted to the DPT program who completed the program within 150% of the time normally expected for completion. This is the definition used by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Samuel Merritt University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia, 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org.
Check out the Flickr PT photo album below.
Created with flickr slideshow.