Patrick AguiarAdjunct Instructor DPT, PT
Programs and Courses Taught
Doctor of Physical Therapy
PT 711, PT 712, PT 716
Patrick received his doctorate in physical therapy (DPT) from Samuel Merritt University in 2010, graduating #1 in his class and amongst the top 10 students in the history of the SMU physical therapy program. He served as a full time staff physical therapist at Stanford Health Care - ValleyCare from 2010-2013, before taking on a leadership role in the same organization, from 2013-present. He has participated in SMU DPT education as an adjunct faculty member since 2010. Pediatric sports medicine, injury prevention, and post-operative return to sport are his primary areas of interest. Patrick is an APTA board certified orthopedic clinical specialist since 2016, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) since 2006. He has 3 sons that keep him busy and is also an avid runner, soccer player, and golfer.
DPT graduate from Samuel Merritt University in 2010
Areas of expertise: pediatric sports medicine, athletic injury prevention, Olympic weight lifting, running biomechanics, kinesiotape.
• Radtka SR, Fine JL, Tang AG, et al. Reliability of the Kinematics and Kinetics of the Seated Functional Reach Test for Adults Without Disabilities. Graduate Program in Physical Therapy, San Francisco State University/University of California at San Francisco. San Francisco, CA, USA. (Poster Presentation)
• Ghiossi, B, Gorman, S, Aguiar, P. Rehabilitation Management of Dizziness after Cerebellar CVA: A Case Report. JSPTR. 20136(3)3.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
APTA member since 2009
Honors & Awards
• Samuel Merritt University Martha Jewell Award, 2010
• Samuel Merritt University Outstanding Student Award, 2010
• Samuel Merritt University Outstanding Case Report Award, 2010
• “Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges” Honoree, 2010
• Samuel Merritt University Evans Scholarship winner, 2009