What is Zoom
Zoom provides cloud video conferencing and simple online meetings. Instructors can now use Zoom Web Conferencing tool to provide a virtual classroom experience, record lectures, or host virtual office hours.
- High quality video, audio, screen sharing and stability of connection
- Device and OS parity: same features and functionality available on both laptops (Windows and Mac) and mobile devices
- One touch to start or join meetings
- Easy chat and presence functionality
- Mobile collaboration with co-annotation
- Whiteboarding functionality
- Up to 300 attendees can participate in Zoom meetings and up to 500 attendees can participate in Zoom large meetings (Meeting License Required)
- Toll-free number for Zoom participants in the United States, the Caribbean, or Canada
- Learn more about zoom features
Why might I use Zoom?
- Faculty can hold virtual office hours and invite remote guests into the classroom for a presentation.
- Staff can work from home while keeping in touch and participating in staff meetings.
- Committees and working groups can conduct job interviews or review documents with participants across the globe.
- All meetings can be recorded by the meeting host.
Who can use Zoom?
All faculty, staff and students can use this service and will login with their University credentials. Outside participants can join via a sharable URL, and the meetings can be restricted to invited users or even further protected with a password unique to the meeting itself.
Training and Support Resources
Zoom also provides excellent online resources at their website.
- Tutorial: Join a Meeting
- Tutorial: Meeting Controls
- Tutorial: Breakout Rooms
- Additional Zoom Video Tutorials
- Live Online Training from Zoom
- Zoom Support Website
- Current Zoom System Status
- Tutorial: How to Prevent Zoom Bombing
- Tutorial: Upgrade & Update to the latest version
- Tutorial: How to share a video
- Tutorial: How to share your screen using Dual Monitors
For consultations on best practices teaching in the synchronous environment, contact A&II at email@example.com