IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk is your single point of contact for technical services. Whether you need technical assistance, have a question, or require technology equipment, we are here to help. Service Desk hours are Monday to Friday 8 a.m-6 p.m. The quickest way to receive technical services is to submit a service request (below). You can also email us or call 510.907.2555 (Option 1, service desk | Option 5, after hours).
Walk-ins are welcome at two Oakland Campus locations: 3300 Webster Street and 3012 Summit Suite G687 C-wing. For clients at our San Francisco Peninsula and Sacramento campuses, we offer remote assistance or onsite support.
REQUEST TECHNICAL SUPPORT How to RESET MY PASSWORD
Full Range of Services
- Personal Computing Support: SMU owned desktop/laptop/thin client computers, and tablets
- Network and Infrastructure Services: Campus networks, internet services, inter-campus connectivity, servers, data centers, backup, and recovery
- Business Technology Solutions: Printing, copying, scanning, telephone services (business and mobile), and fax services
- Identity and Access Services: User account administration, password management, data security, systems access
- Enterprise and Web Application Support: Student information systems, websites, web applications, and administrative system support
- Media Services: Event technical support, classroom technology support, media equipment, and videography