IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk is your single point of contact for technical services. Whether you need technical assistance, have a question, or require technology equipment, we are here to help. Service Desk hours are Monday to Friday 8 a.m-6 p.m. The quickest way to receive technical services is to submit a service request (below). You can also email us or call 510.907.2555 (Option 1, service desk | Option 5, after hours).
We are located at the Oakland Campus at 3300 Webster St. Suite 212. We are available by appointment only for onsite support. For clients at our San Francisco Peninsula and Sacramento Campuses, we offer remote assistance.
REQUEST TECHNICAL SUPPORT How to RESET MY PASSWORD
Full Range of Services
- Personal Computing Support: SMU owned desktop/laptop/thin client computers, and tablets
- Network and Infrastructure Services: Campus networks, internet services, inter-campus connectivity, servers, data centers, backup, and recovery
- Business Technology Solutions: Printing, copying, scanning, telephone services (business and mobile), and fax services
- Identity and Access Services: User account administration, password management, data security, systems access
- Enterprise and Web Application Support: Student information systems, websites, web applications, and administrative system support
- Media Services: Event technical support, classroom technology support, media equipment, and videography