Federal Work Study: Office of Admission “A” Team / Ambassador Program
Locations: Oakland, San Mateo, Sacramento Campus
Days of Week: Monday-Saturday
Hours: 8am-1pm, 1pm-6pm, 6pm, 8pm
For SMU related on campus and off campus recruitment events.
The Office of Admission: “A Team” Ambassador is a current SMU (UG, GRAD, Doctoral) student who assists in the recruitment of SMU students by sharing their student experience through in person or virtual counseling sessions. The “A Team” Ambassador Program at Samuel Merritt University is in charge of providing campus tours and assistance with events that are held by the Office of Admission.
Provide on campus guided tours and virtual tours to prospective students and their families
• Respond and forward all incoming mail
• Assist Office of Admission with Webinars, Info Sessions, Q&A’s, Campus Preview Day, and New Student Orientation
• Assist SMU Marketing & Communications with content
• Serve as support for all regular and special campus tours
• Provide assistance with outreach to prospective students.
• Assist with coverage of the front desk at the Office of Admission as needed
• Assist with the planning and implementation of campus events
• Serve as a general resource for prospective students and families
• Serve as a representative of the SMU Office of Admission
• Assist the Office of Admission with other duties as needed