Reserving HEC Facilities - General Information
SMU students make daily use of the study space in the HEC, but the HEC has much more to offer. The HEC houses numerous facilities – from an executive conference room with a 10-person seating capacity to the Bechtel Room which will accommodate up to 300 persons.
HEC Booking Information and Procedures
All room inventory is held in reserve each term until University classes are booked. Reservations are filled on a first come, first served basis. We only accept reservation requests for dates within the current school term. Requests outside of that date range will be discarded, and you will need to resubmit your request at the appropriate time.
The SMU Health Education Center is now offering a convenient online booking service for students who wish to reserve private study rooms throughout the Graziano Library. Study rooms can be reserved by logging in at the SMU Campus Schedule website.
One room booking allowed per day per student
Four hour maximum per booking
Three days maximum advance booking
Rooms subject to availability
Drop-Ins are also welcome. If there is space available at the time you need it, the space is yours. If you have questions, please call HEC staff directly at 510.879.9277.
FACULTY and STAFF
Rooms can be reserved by logging in at the SMU Campus Schedule website.
Online reservation requests must be received by 4pm one day prior to the first booking date
Conference rooms are available up to six months in advance
Classrooms used for extra-curricular or supplemental meetings are made availalbe only after academic scheduling is completed - about four weeks prior to the start of an academic term.
Premium locations (Bechtel Room, Fontaine Auditorium, and HEC Atrium) are available up to two months in advance. One hour is required before and after each event for setup and breakdown
Rooms subject to availability
In most cases if there is space available at the time you need it, the space is yours. If you have questions, please call HEC staff directly at 510.879.9277.
EXTERNAL CLIENTS who would like to reserve space for upcoming meetings and events should do the following:
Please contact the SMU Health Education Center: email@example.com | 510.879.9277
1. Keep in mind that…
- All room inventory is held in reserve until University classes are booked.
- Reservations are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations should be made at least 72 hours in advance.
- A fee is charged to everyone who uses HEC facilities.
- The Bechtel Room is very costly to use. Consequently, it can only be booked for events for which no other equally suitable room is available.
- Event types permitted in the HEC include: University events, off-site meetings, business retreats, training seminars, presentations, teleconferences, business development seminars, annual meetings.
- Event types which are not permitted in the HEC include: parties, dances, weddings, and any event where money will be collected on-site from attendees.
- Self-catered events are not permitted in any HEC room.
- For catered events, room reservations begin one hour before and end one hour after the actual scheduled event to allow time for set-up and breakdown.
2. Review the External Rate Sheet or the External Rate Sheet for Non-Profit Organizations;
3. Review the Room Rental Policies and Contract;
4. Review the Audio Visual Equipment Rental Price List;
5. Print and complete the Reservation Request Form; and
6. Submit the form to the HEC Scheduling Coordinator via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Steps: What to expect after submitting your request
If the room is available for the date and time you requested, the HEC Scheduling Coordinator will contact you via email with instructions for continuing the reservation process. Requirements are detailed in the Room Rental Policies and Contract.
If the room you requested is not available, you will receive an email to that effect from the HEC Scheduling Coordinator.
If your request is for a date outside of the range for which reservations are currently being accepted, you will receive an email to that effect from the HEC Scheduling Coordinator; your request will be discarded; and you will need to resubmit your request at the appropriate time.
Documents and Forms
All rates subject to change