To further the University’s mission of addressing health inequities, we are working to build a more inclusive and just campus environment. Workshops and resources for faculty and staff will help us:
- Integrate valuable diverse perspectives into our teaching and clinical practice.
- Include materials about structural competency and upstream causes of health inequities in our curriculum.
- Prepare our students to analyze the social conditions that make people sick and create obstacles to wellness.
- Graduate practitioners who improve health equity through their clinical practice, advocacy, and collaboration with community partners.
For help diversifying your curriculum or expanding your teaching practice, or to join our research workshop for faculty of color, contact Marcus Penn.
SMU Structural Determinants of Health Nursing Curriculum Integration Task Force
- Chair: Brandy Beazley
- Structural Determinants of Health Resource Guide (developed by SMU's Structural Determinants of Health Curricular Integration Task Force)
Holistic Admission Review