Your instructor may assign you an online quiz in Canvas that requires you to use Respondus LockDown Browser (LDB).
INSTALL OR UPDATE LDB NOW, SO YOU HAVE TIME TO RESOLVE ANY ISSUES BEFORE YOUR QUIZ OR EXAM.
If you haven’t yet installed LDB on your computer:
- Install LDB by following these instructions.
- Learn how to use LDB by reading the Student QuickStart Guide.
IMPORTANT: Update LDB
If you’ve already installed LDB on your computer, avoid potential issues by making sure you’re using the latest version:
- Open LockDown Browser.
- Click the “About LockDown Browser” button on the LDB toolbar. (In Windows, this is a letter “i” in a circle; in macOS, it’s a blue globe.)
- Click the “Check for Updates” button in the “About LockDown Browser” window.
- If you are unable to install the update, uninstall LDB from your computer and then try to install the update.
If you have any trouble downloading, installing, updating, or running LDB, contact the SMU Service Desk for support.