If you’re experiencing log on problems, you can reset your password without having to call the IT Services team.
The password reset process verifies you as an SMU-user and sends a 5-digit alpha-numeric code to your personal email or mobile device. This process works only if your password reset option is properly set up; if it is not, please view the Set-up Password Options tutorial.
|Your account is automatically configured to send a verification code to your personal email address.||You will need to set up your password reset options ahead of time.
How to reset your password
- In the frame below, enter your SMU email address and click the Binoculars button.
The Click on Send Code option appears.
- Click on the Send Code button.
A 5-digit alphanumeric code will be sent to your alternative email address or mobile device.
- In the verification code box, enter the code you received.
- Click the Envelop button to verify.
After entering the correct verification code, the new password reset option is available.
- Enter your new password in both text boxes.
Note the password complexity requirements.
- Click Submit Password Reset Form.
You will also receive notice via your SMU email account that your password has been changed.
If you encounter any problems during this process, please contact the IT Service Desk for assistance: 510-907-2555.
*The password reset feature may not be compatible with some mobile devices.